31 May 2013

30 day challenge

So there are ton of 30 day challenges.  On social media sights like Twitter and Instagram it is a picture a day.  There are lots of work outs that say "lose this much" in 30 days.  I even tried Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, I liked it, but I skipped a day and therefore, lost my motivation.

I recently watched Matt Cutts' TED video about trying something new for 30 days.  I liked the idea that you can make life changes in 30 days, or you can just remember some really cool things.  I have 28 days left in Bahrain.  When there were 30 days left, Ezza and I started working out.  I don't really care about the number on the scale-I know it-it is healthy-my clothes fit.  However, I have an incredibly hot fiance who likes to run and workout so I want to be able to keep up with him, and be as hot as him (seriously, have you seen him???).

So my goal is to workout every day for the next 30.  I am really bad about this.  Like I said, I skipped a day of Jillian, felt like I let her down, and stopped, I hate letting people down.  So I'm not saying it is going to be a huge workout...but my goal is to go for a long walk, jump on the treadmill, go for a swim, every day.  Just something to be active with the end of the year approaching.

Ezza and I also have a motivational plan...If a person decides not to workout that day, that said person must buy a shot, of the other person's choosing, and drink it.  We are not talking good shots..we are talking nasty, disgusting, embarrassing options.  So let the ideas roll in :)  If you miss two days the other person gets to do your makeup, then hair, then clothes...this sounds like it could be the 30 days to embarrassment challenge!


1 comment: